[talk-ph] San Juan, Batangas mapping

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Tue Jan 18 07:15:44 GMT 2011

eric pareja wrote, On Tuesday, 18 January, 2011 09:57 AM:
> I'll be going to San Juan, Batangas on Wednesday, Jan. 19 and am
> wondering what GPS tracking software for the Nokia N97 would you guys
> recommend. I have been using SportsTracker, but it doesn't provide
> capability to add waypoints and POIs.

You could try Mobile Trail Explorer, but that seems a bit temperamental about which phones it works on. Try the current version 1.14 and the beta 1.15.
	http://www.substanceofcode.com/software/mobile-trail-explorer/

I used to use that on my Sony Ericsson K530i, and it was fine. However it stopped working recently so I switched to TrekBuddy (which I used at the weekend to do a few tracks around Timberland Heights).
	http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/

It took me a while to figure out how to record tracks. Here is the user guide
	http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22

And here is a very useful app for downloading atlases on your computer over wireless/wired, so you can upload them to your phone and save on 3g costs.
	http://mobac.dnsalias.org/

Incidentally that last piece of software works for many other GPS / mobile device mapping software.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/