[talk-ph] OSM, planet.pm (perl module installing), planetosm-excerpt-area.pl in Mac OS X

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:22:27 BST 2011

Hi Maning,

I need help on figuring how to these things, i.e.  installing a PERL
module Planet.pm and running planetosm-excerpt-area.pl in Mac OS X.

I know that you using a Mac and working a lot of extracting data from OSM file.

I am trying to extract State of Victoria from Australia.osm file for
iPhone/iPad Openlayers + Spatialite app that I am working. I found
this info (below).

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/stevez/OSM/credits.html

planetosm-excerpt-area.pl -bbox -39.4,140.2,-33.7,151.5 australia.osm > VIC.osm

However, it is need Planet.pm. How do you download the planet.pm and
install this Perl module in Mac OS X?

Thanks in advance.

Noli