[talk-ph] ideas for tracking stepjuan's journey (Fwd: STEPJUAN Bai: A walking expedition for Children with Cancer)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:06:35 GMT 2011

StepJuan is back on the road.  For brief background, we helped Tomas
and the StepJuan crew last year in mapping his journey from Paguppud
Ilocos to Matnog, Sorsogon.  We provided him one of the gpstogo units
to track the whole journey.  All traces are in OSM:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/stepjuan

This year he is planning to do the Visayas leg.  I'm looking for ideas
on how we can once again track the journey and show a webmap.  Are
there any GPS tracker available wherein we can directly interface to
an OSM map?   The StepJuan crew is looking for sponsorships, if you
have ideas, just post em here.

Thanks!