[talk-ph] Tagging suggestion: opening_hours=24/7

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:56:39 BST 2011

Hi guys,

To input the opening or operating hours of any establishment, you can
use the opening_hours=* tag. The value has a special format and you
can read about it here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours

For example, opening_hours=Mo-Sa 09:00-19:00 means that the
establishment is open from 9 am to 7 pm Mondays to Saturdays.

Entering this level of detail is completely optional.

However, I would strongly suggest that you enter the special value
"24/7" for establishments that are open 24 hours. More than the other
formatted values, 24/7 is quite important to know and may be useful in
emergencies (have you ever tried searching for a 24-hour Mercury Drug
store to buy medicine in the middle of the night?).

So, I personally don't care if you contribute values like "Mo-Sa
09:00-19:00" or not. But I encourage you to tag 24-hour
establishments. :-)

Eugene