[talk-ph] tags for dormitories

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:20:56 BST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Rally de Leon <ralleon at gmail.com> wrote:
> how about additional tag for the POI such as "amenity=dormitory" (or is it
> an amenity) occupant=student? ;-) I think it's improper to tag as
> "tourism=dormitory" because the primary customers are not travelers, unlike
> hotels & motels.

+1 for amenity=dormitory

I prefer to just use the basic building=yes tag for the building=*
key. There is still no consensus in the international OSM community
with what other values than "yes" to use for the building=* key. There
are conflicting values for the building type (building=hut), usage
(building=residential), and function (building=church). It's pretty
confusing.