[talk-ph] re typ of osm

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:52:34 BST 2011

docsam,

The difference between residential and tertiary should be very distinct:

residential - thin grey lines
tertiary - thicker yellow lines

Note that this style was optimized for older units with very limited
screen size.

Using a different typ file (i.e. rg's typ) won't work because they
have a separate family ID when installed in mapsource and in your
device.

Rally is our main man for the typ styling.  He is currently developing
new styles as I write so if you have suggestions on what style should
be adopted let us know.