[talk-ph] Pateros Mapping Party on May 28!

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Fri May 27 04:58:58 BST 2011

If there will be bing-trace skillsharing, let's discuss the best practices,
common mistakes, use of tools/shortcuts to make life easy, etc.; then
formulate simple guidelines that we can summarize (something like a sticky
note); or sort of a flow chart or steps to follow before you actually trace
(very simple instructions) - this is to prevent conflicts of data (purely
bing traced versus gps-referenced poi's and roads).

I'd like to touch a bit on standardization of PH tags (for correct-rendering
of POI's in mobile devices such as garmin or android devices). Especially
the gray-area, like how do we differentiate townhall from barangay hall,
place=village (which can be found of both subdivisions & barangay poi's),
etc. We make a short list of common mistakes/conflict first.