[talk-ph] Wiki Loves Monuments needs some mapping help

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:37:13 BST 2012

Hi Rally,

Earlier I've actually thought of a better way than the spreadsheet to
populate the WLM geo-database: create a web map application, where you
can simply drag and drop a marker over the location of a site. But
since creating such an app takes time, this Google Docs spreadsheet is
a temporary measure.

I envision the web map app to be something like this:

1. Left half is a table listing all the sites. The list can be
filtered by location, completion status, etc.

2. Top-right quarter is where you edit the details of the site
(address, etc.) You click on the left half table to select the site to
be edited.

3. Bottom-right quarter is the map where you can drag a marker to
locate the site. The map can be switched between OSM and Google Maps
tiles.

What do you think? :)

Eugene