[talk-ph] More Bing satellite imagery in Mindanao!

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:02:35 GMT 2012

Hi guys,

While I was fixing a riverbank in Cotabato City, I ran into some new
Bing satellite imagery! And there are 3 separate sets of them!

1. Here's the outline around Cotabato City:

2. Here's the outline along the western coast of Central Mindanao:

3. Here's the outline covering eastern Misamis Occidental and western
Lanao del Norte: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/149145093

I haven't checked out the exact age of the imagery but how new? Well,
the imagery in Cotabato City shows the construction site of the Sultan
Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Masjid, which is the Philippines' largest
mosque. Google Maps' satellite imagery of Cotabato is older.
http://ant.dev.openstreetmap.org/bingimageanalyzer/?lat=7.202384981217136&lon=124.16533061457808&zoom=20

I'll try to look for more new imagery. :-)