[talk-ph] cheap and reliable field data collection equipment

Gerardo Calimoso gcalimoso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:13:10 GMT 2012

hi to all,

hi, if they have a low budget for their project, why not use the
traditional way of mapping, use gps garmin (with data cable), a
digital camera and a GIS software (freeware) for use of the LGU, even
without internet connections. Later we can submit all the data
gathered to OSM. Also we can help them in conducting hazard mapping at
the barangay level, if they want to. this is just a suggestion, guys.

thanks,

gerry