[talk-ph] Editing activity in Metro Manila in 2011

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:31:07 GMT 2012

Hi guys,

Check out this ITO Mapper visualization of editing activity in the
Greater Manila Area as of January 1, 2012:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:1_year_of_edits_in_Metro_Manila_2012-01-01.png

Compare this to the image almost 2 years ago:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:1_year_of_edits_in_Metro_Manila_2010-01-31.png

One noticeable difference is that the 2012 image has a lot less white
than the 2010 image (there is a lot less large-scale recent editing
activity). I interpret this as being that the map data in Metro Manila
is now quite mature because instead of adding unmapped streets, we are
now more on maintaining the existing data and adding finer details
such as buildings and POIs.

Another difference is that there is a whole lot more data in the
surrounding areas, such as the river delta system in Bulacan and
Pampanga and residential areas in Cavite.

Keep up the good work! And the rest of the Philippines needs more
attention too. :)