[talk-ph] status of re-mapping Zambales

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:20:09 GMT 2012

Dear everyone,

Just an FYI that I am remapping sections of Zambales [0].  Most of the
V1 edits were made by a non-agreer.  I tried several times to contact
this user (hellodeck), but I got no response so I consider his/her
contributions fair game and can be removed and then remapped.

So far I was able to finish several towns and also made further
improvements [1, Zambales section].  The initial towns were easy to
remap because most roads are V1 edits without names.  I'm now moving
my way to Olongapo and Subic Freeport Zone.  This part will be harder
to remap since some roads have names added by other users.  These
names will be removed because the original ways were "tainted".

I am sending this appeal to everyone if in case you added road names,
please remap that section by removing the original nodes/ways and then
add new nodes/ways including the road names.  I will get back to this
section of Zambales in a few weeks and start re-mapping, I apologize
in advance to those who have edited this area in case you find your
contributions removed and replaced by new data.

[0] http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=120.23582&lat=14.95268&zoom=11&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines/remapping#Areas