[talk-ph] place=neighbourhood not rendered

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:02:10 BST 2012

I've looked at the two OSM Wiki pages about "neighbourhoods"
(everyone, note the "u" since we're using British spelling mostly in
OSM):

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Neighbourhood
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dneighbourhood

I agree that we can use this to tag subdivisions, urban puroks, urban
sitios, and the like.

place=subdivision is non-standard and place=hamlet is not appropriate
since these are used for small rural settlements (maybe we can use for
rural puroks and sitios?). place=locality, which one local mapper has
been using to tag subdivisions, seems inappropriate too since it's
meant to be used for named but unpopulated places.

Eugene