[talk-ph] iOS 6 using osm and tomtom?

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Sat Sep 15 05:28:02 BST 2012

tutubi wrote, On Saturday, 15 September, 2012 10:42 AM:
> i'm eagerly awaiting the release of iOS 6 to check the map feature reportedly using tomtom and osm data.
> i only need routing, offline maps, and 1s logging. hope they're all there

Did we have this conversation before? :-) This is all available on Android, although not in the same app as far as I can find out. You can get a nice cheap Android for about 9k these days (the Huawei G300 is getting good reviews), or 4k if you really push it (Cherry Mobile). I use Trekbuddy for OSM data with offline maps and 1s logging. You can run a different app for routing. At the same time if you want!

Anyway, I don't see any reason to drop 40k on the latest Apple. Paying more for a phone than a computer has always seemed a little obscene to me.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
   w: http://www.datalude.com/