[talk-ph] ternate - nasugbu tunnel

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Thu Apr 18 03:17:20 UTC 2013

heard on the news a while back the tunnel will officially open on July 1

that part of the country is a scenic drive, intend to pass by when it opens.

the roads linked by the tunnel in Ternate (linked to Soriano Highway) and
Calatagan Nasugbu should be
tagged later as trunk as it connects two provinces now (and be visible on a
high zoom level on the map)

thanks

--
I explore, therefore I blog and map!

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com
http://www.facebook.com/backpackingPhilippines
http://www.twitter.com/backpackPH

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> It seems to be in OSM already but part of the route is marked as
> highway=track. There's also a tunnel present:
>
> http://osm.org/go/4zKlwYzB-
>

> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM, rem zamora <pompyang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i passed this road already. lemme check my gps files when i get home.
>> last time i went there last january, it is still being constructed but
>> about 80 percent complete and cars can pass the tunnel one at a time.
>>
>> if you are coming from manila to nasugbu, this is a good alternative
>> route since you will bypass the traffic of sta rosa and tagaytay already.
>> good roads that is comparable to subic roads. sometimes you can even see
>> monkeys by the road side.
>>
>> right after puerto azul, there is a junction to your left. it is a paved
>> road. you wont go straight to caylabne. just go straight pagkakaliwa mo,
>> tutumbukin mo na yung tunnel na yun lusot mo sa pico de loro at tali beach
>> and other sosi beach resorts :)
>>
>> rem
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM, tutubi <
>> tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com> wrote:
>>
>>> where exactly is this? is this near puerto azul?
>>>
>>> is this already on OSM but UC?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>>> ---

>> Rem Zamora
>> Photojournalist
>> +63-917-592-74-33
>> -link to my photos-<http://www.googleplussuomi.com/photobox/?googleid=110367850779921090576>

---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com

"I don't need a map! I have the GPS. Never need a map again, thank you"
                              - Car lost on Route 66, Radiator Springs
(Cars)