[talk-ph] What is (and what is not) a Community Center?
Rally de Leon
ralleon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:23:30 UTC 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_centre says it can be owned by the
Community, Govt, Sponsored or Commercial.
for use on:
- As the place for all-community celebrations at various occasions and
- As the place for public meetings of the citizens on various issues.
- As the place where politicians or other official leaders come to meet
the citizens and ask for their opinions, support or votes ("election
campaigning" in democracies, other kinds of requests in non-democracies).
- As a place where community members meet each other socially.
- As a place housing local clubs and volunteer activities.
- As a place that community members (and sometimes others), can rent
cheaply when a private family function or party is too big for their own
home. For instance the non-church parts of weddings, funerals etc.
- As a place that passes on and retells local history.
- As a place where local non-government activities are organised.
OSM TAG: amenity=community_centre
Is it safe to tag the following are Community Centers in PH?
- private "Events Place" (party places)
- multipurpose covered court for use in any barangay plaza's for sports,
campaining and emergency evac centers
- Convention / Exhibition Centers (eg. SMX)
- Clubhouse Meeting Rooms or Village Halls
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the talk-ph