[talk-ph] Meetup with OSM-PH community for the "Participatory mapping and LGU decision support tools for Disaster Risk Reduction" Project

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:38:00 UTC 2013

Dear everyone,

We would like to invite everyone for a meetup/community
orientation on our project entitled "Participatory mapping
and LGU decision support tools for Disaster Risk Reduction" [0,1].

This will be on:
* July 6, 2013 3-6 PM.
* ESSC Conference Room, Manila Observatory Building,
  ADMU Campus Loyola Heights, QC [2]

Basic agenda are as follows:
* Introduce the project to OSM volunteers.
* Get feedback and possible improvements on the project
  activities.
* Plan, schedule and identify topics for future
  OSM-PH community-building activities.

At the end of the meetup, we hope to articulate much
better the project activities and solicit support to
the OSM-PH community.  Of course, as always, we can
discuss this in the mailinglist but a face2face meeting
allows for "high-bandwidth, high-fidelity and low latency"
communications ;)

We can also do some OSM editing if you want, some of
our staff are interested to learn more from the senior mappers.

If you are interested to join, please send me an email so
that we can start the preparations (food and refreshments).

Thanks!

[0] http://sustainabilityscience.ph/?p=571
[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2013-June/004479.html
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=14.636023&mlon=121.077916&zoom=18&layers=M