[talk-ph] Planned event for mega armchair mapping of Metro Manila and surrounding towns

Mario Basa mario.basa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:46:19 UTC 2013

Hello.

Just like to add that a good road network opens up to all sorts of other
applications with tools like pgRouting.

For example, in Disaster Management, an ambulance can find a shortest path
that  bypasses flooded roads to a hospital. Or by using the Traveling Sales
Person (TSP) functionality, an efficient plan for distributing relief goods
to different affected areas can easily be determined.

So,  ensuring that Metro Manila's network is accurate is a very good
activity to participate in.

Regards,

Mario.