[talk-ph] tagging questions

Ronny Ager-Wick ronny at ager-wick.com
Mon Nov 4 22:24:31 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-31 23:55, Ervin Malicdem wrote:
> /What tag to use for fish ponds./
> As fish thrives in water i suggest natural:water ; crop=fish
>
> /Poultry farms/
> landuse:farmland ;  crop:chicken
Thanks, that's useful.

> /Waterway tagging (suggestion) :/
> Rivers: if the width of the flowing body of water seems to be wider than 50
> meters and deeper than 10 meters
> streams: if smaller than my concept of a river
> irrigation canal: a stream if it is natural ; a drain if it is artificial
Is this the canonical definition of a river? If it is, I need to redefine a
lot of rivers! I tend to mark it as a river if it has a name that includes the
word "river" or if most people refer to it as "the river" or "sapa", but
downgrade it to stream around the place it becomes so small that you can
(easily) drive across it  - where there is a ford. Admittedly, I drive across
rivers too (at least my definition of river), but that's just because I like
to play in water (and find it fascinating to get stuck occationally)...
Would you say that here in Pampanga, it's pretty much only Pampanga river that
is a river and that everything else is a stream?