[talk-ph] Block number addressing on Philippine?

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:07:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've discussed about address tagging scheme for "city block address system"
on dev & Tagging ML.

Block address system is used (maybe only) in Japan.
(It is addressing scheme related to "Block", not to "Street")
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2014-April/027825.html

And Japanese mappers made propose "addr:blocknumber".
But in 2 month ago, "addr:block_number"(with underscore _ ) is used on
Philippine.
Here.
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/32h

I would like to confirm a few points.

1. Block number address system is used in Philippine?
According to OSM wiki page, there is no definition to block_number in
Philippine.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines/Addressing

1-1.
If block_number system is used, I would like to confirm they are same or
not to Japanese ones.
Please tell me some (maybe out of OSM wiki) documentation.
If they are the same concept, "_" ambiguous should be integrated :)

Japanese Documentation is here.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Key:addr#.E6.97.A5.E6.9C.AC.E3.81.AE.E4.BD.8F.E6.89.80.E8.A1.A8.E8.A8.98.E3.81.AB.E3.81.A4.E3.81.84.E3.81.A6

Block structure detail
(sorry, written in Japanese, & certainly need more easy description...)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Addresses

1-2.
If not used, please tell me more appropriate "addr:*" tag for
"addr:block_number" nodes.
I think "addr:subdivision" or "addr:barangay" is suitable tagging than
"addr:block_number" to them...

Regards.

--
Satoshi IIDA