[talk-ph] Happy 10th Birthday OSM! Tell us your story.

Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 05:18:37 UTC 2014

I have discovered OSM since August 2008 but was not seeking too much
attention to it due to very limited editing tools. Got back on 2010 and saw
the growth since last time I went there. Learned to use JOSM and offline
editing; and realtime data upload was very attractive to me as compared to
other mapping consortia I contribute to. So I got hooked up. Since then, I
have been contributing mapping data to OSM as I travel the country.

My initial and primary interest with OSM is navigation guidance. OSM
fosters mutuality to its advocates and to the world. I don't get lost
because of contributed data and as a response, if ever I get lost because
of incomplete and inaccurate data, I fill in the gaps with my contributions.

OSM may have been feeding us how to navigate the world. But aside, from
that, OSM also teaches us how the world should work.

Happy 10th anniversary to all of us.

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com