[talk-ph] road name changes in Makati?

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Mon Jul 7 10:20:12 UTC 2014

maning sambale wrote, On Monday, 07 July, 2014 02:53 PM:
> Kalayaan to Imaelda avenue: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/93890213/history

Kalayaan is still very much Kalayaan according to the signposts when I rode down it a couple of days back!

> Senator Gil Puyat to Nicolas Buendia Road:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/146300437/history

Senator Gil Puyat used to be called Buendia, and in fact everyone knows it as that. I use the old name in taxis so that the driver knows I've been around for a while.

Maybe it should have an alternate_name tag as Buendia? Would that show up on searches though? Otherwise pretty useless. I do wish they'd stop changing road names by the way. Just leave them alone and name a new road after yourself!

Jim

--

    datalude: information security
    e: jim at datalude.com
    Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
    Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
    w: http://www.datalude.com/