[talk-ph] Drones

Nick Brown nick at nickbrown.ca
Sun Jul 27 23:41:22 UTC 2014

Thanks Mark. I found the full memorandum at
http://caap.gov.ph/index.php/downloads/finish/27-mc-2014/378-mc-21-14-new-provisions-to-pcar-part-11-11-unmanned-aircraft-vehicle-uav

Sadly there are some glaring omissions in this legislation that will likely
cause headaches for UAV operators and the CAAP. Of particular concern to
me, there is no mention of humanitarian uses of UAVs in post-disaster
situations.or for recognizing foreign certifications/licenses. It will make
using UAVs in future disaster responses even more challenging. I worry that
if an individual ignores these rules in the urgency of a humanitarian
response and releases the imagery publicly, CAAP would find out via news
and chase down the operator to fine them.