[talk-ph] OSMPH Tagging place:ph

Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 13:26:25 UTC 2014

The reason why there are many place=village is because:
1. There are those subdivisions/gated community that are mistakenly tagged
as place=village instead of place=neighbourhood.
2. Aside from a place node some, in addition, a way or relation  has been
created around the mistaken subdivision or the barangay boundaries itself
which doubles the values.

Cities/Towns
1. some are nodes tagged with place=town with adm=6 and placed near the
city/town center
2. some are relations tagged as boundary=administrative admin_level=6
type=boundary

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com