[talk-ph] Icons on POI's - Proposal

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 05:52:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Mark Cupitt <markcupitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eugene, while we are discussing this, is it worth displaying the
> opening hours as part of the poi description if it is in the database?? It
> is kind of relevant to people who look at a map ..
>
> Thoughts?

Yes. The opening hours is useful to users. But I have to say that this data
is quite low on the priority of (at least) local OSM mappers. In OSM, it's
more important to know where a store is than knowing if it is open or not.

That said, the special value of opening_hours=24/7 is definitely very, very
useful and I would suggest that this be shown on the map somehow. For
example, knowing where the 24-hour Mercury Drug stores are is very useful.