[talk-ph] Fwd: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] [HOT] Skybox for Good imagery

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:30:39 UTC 2014

To answer partly Erwin's Q.

Maning Sambale (mobile)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mikel Maron" <mikel.maron at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 26, 2014 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] [HOT] Skybox for Good imagery
To: "Pierre Béland" <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>, "mike at ayeltd.biz" <mike at ayeltd.biz>,
"Satoshi IIDA" <nyampire at gmail.com>, "Pat Tressel" <ptressel at myuw.net>
Cc: "hot" <hot at openstreetmap.org>, "legal-talk at openstreetmap.org" <
legal-talk at openstreetmap.org>

Hey

A few notes from talking this through with Josh

* Requests for SkyBox imagery would go through the usual HOT imagery
coordination process
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation#Imagery_Coordination
* Use of SkyBox imagery for HOT activations would be coordinated through
tasking manager projects.
* The listing of all SkyBox for good requests is at
https://mapsengine.google.com/00979750194450688595-08887688179650036554-4/mapview/?authuser=0.
We'd go through the coordination processes above, if a HOT activation
wanted to use existing imagery.
* At the moment, there is no tile service. HOT would need to set up tiles
from a downloaded GeoTIFF.

Hope that clears things up.

Btw, would be good to simply set up a test with one of the SkyBox for good
GeoTIFFs, to see how it compares with Bing georeferencing and resolution.

Best
Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

 On Sunday, November 23, 2014 9:34 AM, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>