[talk-ph] tracing individual rice paddies

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 00:13:17 UTC 2014

Maning's recent message about mapping the Batad rice terraces brings us
back to this discussion.

I don't quite agree that mapping individual rice paddies as landuse=farm is
the way to go. I think the whole rice farm should be mapped as a single
object and then the walls/terraces should be mapped as a different object.

I think man_made=bund is a pretty good suggestion. If we all agree on this
tag, then we should use it and then suggest it to the global community on
the tagging mailing list.

~Eugene