[talk-ph] Mappers in the Visayas Area

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 04:00:32 UTC 2014

Dear Nick,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Nick Brown <nick at nickbrown.ca> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm based on Bantayan Island in Cebu and am very interested in helping
> promote OSM on the island and around the province. I had my first mapping
> intern start last Thursday, here for a one-month term. Organizing some
> volunteers and doing some training at one of the colleges here has been on
> my 'to-do' list for a few months, always put on the back burner because of
> other priorities.

Bantayan was well mapped during the Haiyan activation.  The source is
pre-typhoon.
It would be good for the locals to validate the work and improve the
information especially the placenames.

> I haven't had a chance to put together my presentation yet. I don't suppose
> one of you has a solid introductory presentation that you'd recommend so I
> don't need to start from scratch?

For some resources on training here are some links:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-2WZQ1DwK_xamhGbjdWSGJMdms&usp=sharing
http://www.slideshare.net/esambale/presentations

Good luck!