[talk-ph] Dumaguete OSM events

Erwin G. Olario erwin at ngnuity.net
Wed Aug 26 08:52:33 UTC 2015

The awesome(OSM) new mappers from Dumaguete (and other neighboring towns in
Negros Oriental) had been busy bees in the past few days.
​
​All in all, the new mappers managed to achieve the following, between
20-24 August:
Loaded – nodes: 7095, ways: 775, relations: 15
Displayed – pois: 603, lines: 234, polygons: 219​
Source: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/b7C

For comparison, between 1-16 August, the following updates occurred for the
same area:
Loaded – nodes: 2073, ways: 207, relations: 22
Displayed – pois: 49, lines: 31, polygons: 37
​​​​
I'd like to acknowledge the following for their role in making August an
awesome(OSM) month for Dumaguete (and Negros Oriental):
​*​Asia Foundation and their local partners: Negros Oriental Provincial
Government, and the ​various local biker groups  for ​participating in the
"TAF-CfC crowd-​sourced ​mapping using OpenStreetMap" workshop​, 20-21
August. Participants of this introductory workshop is largely responsible
for the substantial new tourism-related POIs and edits from this area.
​*​Foundation University's OSM Appreciation Seminar, 22 August - Mr. Dean
Cinco, ​university president​, Ms. Girlie Bernardez, ​Ms. Dae ​ ​Habalo,
​an​d​ old associate and fellow ​F/LOSS advocate, Mr. Jan Bungart.
​*​Silliman University's OSM Appreciation Seminar, 24 August - Dr. Dave
Marcial, dean of ​the ​College of Computer Studies. ​Ms. Janice Forster,
chair of the I.T. department. I also acknowledge the efforts of Mr. Kirk
Morris of Bacong, Negros Oriental to encourage Silliman's interest in
community ​and crisis ​mapping.
​
​There are some pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/NNBNXbTfdsXhSdjt9
​
​Cheers and welcome to the new mappers​

*Erwin Olario*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
» email: erwin@ <erwin at ngnuity.net>*n <http://ngnuity.net/>**gnu
<http://ngnuity.net/>**IT <http://ngnuity.net/>**y <http://ngnuity.net/>**.
<http://ngnuity.net/>**net <http://ngnuity.net/>* | govvin at gmail.com
» mobile: (PHL): +63 908 817 2013
» OpenPGP key: 3A93D56B | 5D42 7CCB 8827 9046 1ACB 0B94 63A4 81CE 3A93 D56B

Hi everyone.

FYI. We have several upcoming events [0] in Dumaguete, and I would love to
touch bases with local awesome(OSM) mappers.

20-21 Aug - Crowd-mapping with OSM :: The Asia Foundation + local partners
22 Aug, 0900~ - OSM Appreciation Seminar :: Foundation University
24 Aug, 0900~ - OSM Appreciation Seminar :: Silliman University, College of
Computer Studies

If you are affiliated with these communities, please contact the following:
Asia Foundation - Mr. King Ocampo, kingfrancis.ocampo at asiafoundation.org
Foundation University  - Ms. Girlie Berdardez,
mariacorazon.bernardez at foundationu.com
Silliman University - Prof. Forster, <janicevforster at su.edu.ph>
janicevforster <janicevforster at su.edu.ph>@ <janicevforster at su.edu.ph>su.edu.
<janicevforster at su.edu.ph>ph

If you want to participate in the last two events, kindly let me know.

Regards,

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Calendar

*Erwin Olario*
<http://ngnuity.net/>**net <http://ngnuity.net/>* | govvin at gmail.com
» mobile: (PHL): +63 908 817 2013
» OpenPGP key: 3A93D56B | 5D42 7CCB 8827 9046 1ACB 0B94 63A4 81CE 3A93 D56B