[talk-ph] re-tagging brownfield to residential made during Haiyan/Yolanda response

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:05:09 UTC 2015

Dear everyone,

Currently on field in Samar and Leyte. Obviously, many of the typhoon
damaged areas tagged as landuse=brownfield are now back to
landuse=residential.  I am changing the tags as I see them along our
route.  I think by default, this should be re-tagged to
landuse=residential but, we are also seeing previously residential
areas that were abandoned due to the risk.

At one time, during the Ruby/Hagupit response, we discussed to re-tag
brwonfields to residential.  As I said above, there are exceptions.
Should we do this?  What's the best approach?