[talk-ph] Tagging bridges and tunnels

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:08:42 UTC 2015

Hi Pierre,

Most bridges here in the Philippines have names no matter how small. You
can usually spot their name on the guard rail or on a small sign just
before the bridge. These names are almost always accompanied by the maximum
load the bridge can handle (which is tagged using maxweight=*) and
sometimes with the distance from the island's zero-kilometer marker (I have
no idea how to tag these. Maybe distance=*?).

Some examples:

http://www.philippinesdailyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bukidnon-atugan-bridge.jpg
http://www.zamboanga.com/z/images/0/09/Calapan_Bridge,_Calapan,_Kabasalan,_Zamboanga_Sibugay,_Philippines.JPG
http://static.rappler.com/images/tullahan-bridge-screengrab-20130708.jpg