[talk-ph] Tagging bridges and tunnels

Ronny Ager-Wick ronny at ager-wick.com
Thu Feb 19 05:10:22 UTC 2015

Thanks again, Pierre,

First of all, I think I made that roundabout ages ago and forgot to add the
junction=roundabout tag. Fixed. That will surely help! I've also fixed unnamed
road sections near roundabouts, so I will rest the routing again later when it
has been updated.

What do the rest of you think of renaming all ref tags to ref:ph? I know it
would make sense here, and probably everywhere outside of Metro Manila, but
what about Manila?
I assume C-5 is this type of reference, and it's in common use there, isn't
it? But I also think EDSA has a reference that nobody cares about, so it's not
consistent.
If the consensus is that we would be better off putting these tags on hold
(making them ref:ph instead of ref), I assume this could be done through a
batch routine? We would have to make very sure that we only remove references
that are confusing, not ones that are actually in use, if any.

Ronny.