[talk-ph] Tagging bridges and tunnels

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 19 14:48:58 UTC 2015

Hi Eugene
the problem is that either bridge:name or bridge_name are osm standards. This is name that is recognized and rendered on the maps.

Pierre

      De : Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>
 À : Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>
Cc : Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail.com>; OSM-PH <talk-ph at openstreetmap.org>
 Envoyé le : Jeudi 19 février 2015 7h55
 Objet : Re: [talk-ph] Tagging bridges and tunnels

Hi Pierre,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> wrote:

Taginfo shows that tags such as bridge:name and bridge_name are used in other countries, but not in Philippines.

bridge:name=* is definitely used in the Philippines. I and a couple or so other mappers have been using it. I have downloaded the latest OSM XML file from Geofabrik, did a grep, and came up with the following numbers:

12121 objects have a bridge=* tag
369 objects have a bridge:name=* tag
42 objects have a bridge_name=* tag

See also: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge:name