[talk-ph] Arts and Culture

Lu Sevier lmsevier at email.wm.edu
Wed Jul 29 01:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi OSMcommunity,

I have a question for you. I am working with the JapanFoundation to track
and add arts and cultural sites to the map in and outside of Manila. This
data is taken from their project and art guide called Run & Learn. There
are over 81 locations, half of which I have found on or added to OSM. They
are interested in mapping these sites to promote greater collaboration
between artists, galleries, and museums in and outside Manila. I am
encouraging them to use OSM to make this data a public good.

However, they want to be able to easily find the sites they add to the map.
These are cultural sites so its everything from galleries, to monuments, to
shrines. Is there a special way I could tag this projects to show the
association with the Japan Foundation or arts and culture. I know the tag,
amenity= arts_center but would it be possible to do something like
partnership= Japan_Foundation or type= arts_culture.

Having a standard tag for all of these locations would help them identify
quickly where these locations and easily download the data from OSM.

Please let me know what you think! Advice? Ideas? Marc, the person I am
working with is very excited about mapping arts and culture. I see him
mapping for a while in PH!
--
-Lu Sevier
The College of William and Mary