[talk-ph] Arts and Culture

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:32:20 UTC 2015

Thanks for helping push the OSM envelope further out, Lu.

The tag amenity=arts_center may be sufficient for certain POIs, but may not
be adequate or appropriate for other cultural sites. (e.g. Museums are
tagged as tourism=musem)

If any of those POIs we're mapped by other mappers, the partnership tag
could mis-represent the information. If there's a mix of POIs in your bag
of goodies, I would think that you can query for their particular OSM id
directly instead.

This guide [0] can help you get started. Learn more querying the OSM API
via Overpass Turbo here [1]

Regards,

[0]
http://www.mappa-mercia.org/2014/09/creating-an-always-up-to-date-map.html
[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_turbo/Wizard

*Erwin Olario*
» email: erwin@ <erwin at ngnuity.net>*n**gnu**IT**y**.**net*
<http://ngnuity.net/> | govvin at gmail.com
» mobile: (PHL): +63 908 817 2013
» OpenPGP key: 3A93D56B | 5D42 7CCB 8827 9046 1ACB 0B94 63A4 81CE 3A93 D56B