[talk-ph] AH26, DPWH Route Numbers on Primary & Secondary Roads

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:37:55 UTC 2015

DPWH's new Route numbers appearing in http://goo.gl/vGknWx (shortened URL)
went blank as of yesterday (March 5) - except for Expressways Route
numbers. There must be some changes in the format going on. Any news?

Good thing I was able to finish filing in the gaps (plus clean-ups of stray
tags) along the new AH26 described in Rappler article :-)

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/74846-ah26-road-sign
(more or less with possible corrections)

Searching for highway with int_ref=AH26 in Philippines in Overpass-turbo
("type:way" excluding "type:relation") -- takes about a minute to load map

check the shortened link of interactive map:

http://goo.gl/LB9JEe

Finally I was able to visualize:
-where AH26 starts - where it meets Route#2 (Manila North Road) in Laoag
-the re-routing of AH26 to NLEX via Sta Rita Exit;
-the split-route in Balintawak going eastward to EDSA, and other going
westward to Caloocan-Port Area-Roxas Blvd then back to EDSA where the two
split-routes meet back in Magallanes towards SLEX
-where AH26 merges back with Maharlika Highway in SLEX Calamba Exit
-where it has a spur route in Visayas from Palo Leyte to Ormoc (following
Route 70), then via AH26 Sea Route to Cebu City
-where another spur starts in Davao City all the way to CDO via Route 10 in
Mindanao.
-where it ends in Zamboanga (Port)

Please help find areas where AH26 needs to be corrected (verified)
eg. where a city or town has a "Diversion Road"
eg. Tiaong Quezon, where I suspect AH26 uses the much wider Diversion Road,
yet I followed Route 1 (old Maharlika Highway)

BTW, I left the existing relation "Maharlika HIghway" (old route) intact.
I just made a new super-relation "AH26: PHILIPPINES (super)" in case you
want to edit or extract

Cheers,
Rally