[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Scholarships and talks deadlines - we'd like to hear from you!

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:54:17 UTC 2015

Scholarships still open!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Barth <alex at openstreetmap.us>
Date: Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Subject: [OSM-talk] Scholarships and talks deadlines - we'd like to
hear from you!
To: Open Street Map Talk-US <talk-us at openstreetmap.org>, OSM Talk
<talk at openstreetmap.org>

Hello everyone -

Important deadlines are coming up for State of the Map US:

- March 15: apply for a scholarship
- March 22: submit a talk
- March 31: last day to get an early bird ticket for $90

This is particularly a call to everyone subscribed to this list. So
many of you do amazing work on the map or on OpenStreetMap software -
we'd love to invite you to share experiences from your work or your
ideas for the project.

Submitting a talk is not the only way to participate:

- You can schedule birds of a feather sessions (round tables) ad-hoc
at the conference
- There will be a hack day with plenty of space and opportunity for
code sprints, documentation sprints, and workshops
- The international Maptime community will hold their summit at the conference
- The American Red Cross will be hosting a missing maps party
- There will be an NYC foot survey

Get in touch if you have ideas: board at opensteretmap.us or just post
here on the list.

This conference is organized by the OpenStreetMap US chapter and
volunteers but this is really an open invitation to anyone in the
world. Look at it like your neighbor is throwing a party and
everyone's invited over.

Looking forward to seeing you in New York -

Alex

PS: if you'd like to help spread the word:
https://twitter.com/sotmus/status/575450081886781441

--
Alex Barth
Vice President