[talk-ph] NHN 2 Luzon

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:35:25 UTC 2015

Dear Ronny,

At the moment, I'm doing damage control (just discovered it an hour ago). I
think I accidentally erased MacArthur Highway's name along Manila North
Road. Based on edit history, it was on March 9. Too late I just had to
rename it back instead of reverting, (or maybe I'm way too late if somebody
beat me into reverting instead, due to simultaneous edits).

As for the affected bridges' names, there's a complete list of bridge names
at "philippine geoportal" - so no problem later.

Another thing, I just discovered that MacArthur Highway doesn't extend to
La Union (my previous impression). I think it's from Balintawak to
Urdaneta, then run eastward towards Dagupan-Lingayen (per REPUBLIC ACT NO.
3080). -- which makes sense as this was probably the route used to Liberate
Manila. All roads northward after Urdaneta Juction are still officially
"Manila North Road", unless an LGU decided to rename a portion to another
name. But then again, this is a major National Road (I don't know if LGU
can do that).

-Rally