[talk-ph] mapping for idps due to biff operation

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:54:56 UTC 2015

Dear everyone,

Currently in Cotabato assisting ARMM-HEART for mapping IDP camps.
Fieldwork is very difficult since some areas are not accessible
physically and security-wise.  Even for the local ARMM field officers
this is an issue. We were able to initially locate the town centers of
affected towns.

Right now, the field officer are using OSMAnd to navigate, they are
requesting assistance in updating the basemaps which they will use as
an initial reference.  They are also geotagging IDP camps which they
will add in OSM.

I created a task for this: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/969

Please help. Thanks!