[talk-ph] Google Street View

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Sun Oct 18 02:35:40 UTC 2015

Just noticed that they've finally published all the images they took last year for Metro Manila, and a little beyond. Very cool. I'll be searching this today for a while to discover some "Manila Moments" captured on camera.

Meanwhile, what's the legality of this situation: I remember there's a restaurant on a certain street in QC. I go to Google Street View and find out. Is this information OK to put on OSM? Its not tracing maps ... its public domain info ... I already half know what the restaurant is called ...

So I guess a broader question would be, "What is OK to use from this data?"

Happy (rainy) Sunday all.

Jim