[talk-ph] OSMPH chatroom

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 06:16:38 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I would like to invite you to OSMPH chatroom osmph.slack.com
This is meant to replace our earlier experimental Discord.

It is open to public and you can invite yourself using your email at:
http://is.gd/osmphchat

How is this different?

It is currently (relatively) unstructured - like we don't know what it is
yet or what it will be.

It can become your local quick source mapping tips and Q&A. Easily search
for previous discussions, since it is searchable. It is linked to our osmph
event's google calendar. It has an anonymous channel, etc.

Here, it's like having many small cubicles for small talks about any
particular mapping interests. Shy and low-profile members can
simultaneously talk and ask questions freely among their same-interest
sub-groups in separate channels, without worrying about interrupting any
hotter or more important issues on the general discussion table.

Discuss wider range of topics from seemingly irrelevant to newbie's
frequently ask questions, to more technical discourse, do skill-sharing,
share an idea, or plan workshops and mapping parties, or have simple
chit-chats.

Your guidelines:
Post in English, Filipino or Taglish, as long as you don't use a lot of
"po" and "opo," (kasi nakaka-feeling matanda "poh" yan sa ilang tao dito)
😀

The other suggested chatroom rule is simple: "don't be a jerk." Orayt? ;-)

BTW, you can also introduce some words from local dialect in the interest
of teaching the community some terminologies you are accustomed with, to
understand local cultures, to bridge the communications gaps, to improve
objects/words translations, all that may be relevant to mapping.

We are inclusive. Let us learn from you.

Let's see how it goes. See you there.

Rally :-)