[talk-ph] Overdue Post-Mechanical Edit report (BDO)
ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 06:30:21 UTC 2017
In early July 2015, I made 32 changesets  that are part of the BDO Mechanical Edits.
What I did:
1. Inform the mappers in the affected areas using this mailing list while simultaneously making a plan on how to manage the edits and publicizing them for comments and suggestions
2. Document my mechanical edits in the OSM Wiki
3. Make mechanical edits
4. Make a Post-Mechanical Edit report
What I've noticed:
1. During the mechanical editing process, I forgot to add the operator tag on BDO branches in Pangasinan on the first changeset . Thus, another changeset was created to rectify it .
2. I also deleted some building polygons in Valenzuela City since they were duplicates of an existing building polygon  and that one BDO branch in Las Piñas was not included in the changeset for BDO branches in Southern Parañaque, Las Piñas and Muntinlupa . The issue was then fixed in changeset 32537180 .
3. I made a progress report midway through the mechanical edit, announcing its temporary suspension and resumption time and date . The mechanical edits resumed at 4 PM (Philippine Standard Time) and ended at 4:44 PM on the said date.
4. Duplicate elements were also deleted in the changesets for the Visayas 
5. Similar to rebranded Allied Bank/PNB branches, there are cases that BDO branches have been relocated or closed.
6. The mechanical editing process encountered some difficulties, as mentioned in the mechanical edits update . Other than that, the editing process went smoothly as planned.
What can you do after the recent mechanical edit:
1. Do on-the-ground surveys to confirm if the BDO branches that I modified still exist, as branch relocations happen, as in the cases of the rebranded Allied Bank/PNB branches.
2. If you noticed that my mechanical edits do not correspond to the on-the-ground situation, do the following:
2.1 Message me to revert my mechanical edit for a certain branch or area.
2.2 Make the corresponding edits. Example: if a BDO branch is closed or relocated, mark it as such.
To be done in future mechanical edits:
1. Notify users in affected areas at least 3 days before the planned mechanical edits through other means such as OSM inbox and the slack group since not everyone is a part of this mailing list.
2. Create a dedicated mechanical edits account, which was done on December 31, 2016 
 see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits/Ianlopez1115#BDO_(June-July_2015)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the talk-ph