[talk-ph] Retagging Plantersbank/China Bank Savings branches (planned mechanical edit)

ianlopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 07:34:31 UTC 2017

A few days ago, a proposal to rename Plantersbank branches to China Bank Savings branches was floated [1]. A subsequent announcement was later posted in this mailing list [2].
Affected areas: Places with a former Plantersbank branch. Based on an Overpass turbo query, there are 26 branches in OpenStreetMap [3] plus 12 branches that were renamed prior to January 2, 2017 [4].
Planned tagging schema for China Bank Savings (formerly Plantersbank) branches:amenity=bankname=China Bank Savingsoperator=China Bank Savings, Inc.old_name=Plantersbank
Optional tagsatm=yesbranch= [name of branch] (if previously added)address tagsopening_hours= [time the branch is open] (if previously added)
How will I edit: I got an OSM data extract of Plantersbank and selected China Bank Savings branches in many parts of the country via overpass turbo. I intend to create 8 changesets for this edit:* one for Mindanao (Davao and General Santos cities)* one for Visayas (Cebu)* one for Palawan* one for Southern Luzon (Laguna, Quezon, Batangas and Cavite)* one for Metro Manila and Rizal* three for Northern and Central Luzon (Bulacan and Pampanga; Pangasinan and La Union; Isabela)
I also intend to add, change (is_in:*=* to addr:*=*) and remove some tags in the process (type=*, osm_id=*, designation=* among others)
Planned edit date: January 11, 2017
Other details: The account ianlopez1115_mech [5] will be used for the first time, and the said account shall be subsequently used for other mechanical edits. Documentation for such edits will be posted in the this mailing list and OpenStreetMap Wiki [6]. Feel free to make comments/suggestions concerning my planned mechanical edits in this thread and other channels, such as the slack group [7] and the OSM Philippines Community Facebook group [8].

[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2016-December/006031.html; read post-merger announcement at http://www.cbs.com.ph/news.php?mod=79[2] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2016-December/006033.html[3] http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/kYg
[4] http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/kYe [5] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ianlopez1115_mech[6] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits/Ianlopez1115#Plantersbank.2FChina_Bank_Savings_tagging_change_.28January_2017.29[7] https://osmph.slack.com/[8] https://www.facebook.com/groups/osmph/

-----
Blog: http://ianlopez1115.wordpress.com/
OpenStreetMap/Twitter: ianlopez1115
Facebook: ian.lopez