[talk-ph] Determining school names by school identification number ("School ID")

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:40:14 UTC 2017

I don't see anything wrong with that, if that's possible with available
imagery.

Contributors ought to restart what we had in Github [0] and the subsequent
update made by DepEd in the data.gov.ph portal [1].

I have a post-processed version of the GitHub released somewhere in my
drive, and I've always hope to get this off the pipeline [2], but that's
yet to happen.

Collaborators are welcome!

[0]:  https://github.com/OSMPH/deped_schools_db
[1]: http://data.gov.ph/organization/department-of-education
[2]: https://hackpad.com/OSMaPaaralan-dkB4L5iaaMz

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM Jherome Miguel <jheromemiguel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While there are no follow-up discussion yet about the proposed DepEd
> public school data import, determining the name of the school by school IDs
> (if tagged) looks like a good idea. But what about a website to find the
> name of a school by its school ID? While we can find the Philippine
> Standard Geographic Code for each region, province, city/municipality, and
> barangay through this page (http://nap.psa.gov.ph/activestats/psgc/), why
> not try determining school names by school ID? School IDs can be found on
> roofs of buildings in many schools, especially rural ones, as seen in
> aerial imagery (if clearly visible), and we can tag it with the ref= tag,
> while the name is not yet known.
>
> --TagaSanPedroAko

/Erwin Olario

e: erwin at ngnuity.xyz | v/m: https://t.me/GOwin | s: https://mstdn.io/@GOwin