[talk-ph] Mayon Volcano Eruption Jan 2018

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 02:37:06 UTC 2018

Alert Level 4 (hazardous eruption imminent) is in effect over Mayon volcano

Mapping the Permanent Danger Zone is already complete, and validated. There
is another  on-going effort to update and map the surrounding Extended
Danger Zone [1] , which now stands at 52% complete.

Again, the new task URL is https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4037

/Erwin

[0]:
http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8377:mayon-volcano-bulletin-23-january-2018-800-am-&catid=70:latest-volcano-bulletin&Itemid=500008
[1]: https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4037

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mayon Volcano in the Philippines erupted this week.  Local community
> is mapping from pre-event imagery.
> This is not yet a full HOT Activation.  We are still assessing the
> needs of responders, but if anyone has spare time,
> we have a task [0] ready for the permanent danger zone.  This mapping
> is focused on mapping infrastructure (roads and buildings) and
> waterways.
>
> [0] https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4027

/Erwin Olario

e: erwin at ngnuity.xyz | v/m: https://t.me/GOwin | s: https://mstdn.io/@GOwin