[talk-ph] Feb 16 Mindanao Mapping Party

Celina Agaton celina.agaton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:56:43 UTC 2019

Hi Erwin,

I’ve had discussions with OSMF and HOT the guidelines don’t really apply to
volunteer mapping parties.

For the validation, we have a support group to help ensure new mappers have
a positive experience and aren’t intimidated by other mapper’s comments.
They will tag their edits as #newbie. Local Youthmappers chapters, George
Washington University Humanitarianian Mapping Society, and HOT will support
the validation of their edits and provide community and technical support.

This kicks off a four month first phase initiative as we continue field
work and OSM mapping workshops, map validation and community building
across 60 local municipalities and NGOs in Mindanao.

Celina