[talk-ph] Feb 16 Mindanao Mapping Party

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:43:22 UTC 2019

I’ve had discussions with OSMF and HOT the guidelines don’t really apply to
> volunteer mapping parties

This is great information. May we get a public record of this discussion?
I was not personally aware of exemptions in the guidelines provided by the
OSMF:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/6/62/Organised_Editing_Guidelines.pdf

> This kicks off a four month first phase initiative as we continue field
> work and OSM mapping workshops, map validation and community building
> across 60 local municipalities and NGOs in Mindanao.

The above statements does not add up to me based on the previous statement
that this is a volunteer effort though.

> For the validation, we have a support group to help ensure new mappers
> have a positive experience and aren’t intimidated by other mapper’s
> comments. They will tag their edits as #newbie. Local Youthmappers
> chapters, George Washington University Humanitarianian Mapping Society, and
> HOT will support the validation of their edits and provide community and
> technical support.

Looking forward to the validation process!

https://github.com/maning
http://twitter.com/maningsambale