[OpenStreetMap Serbia] data upload in Vojvodina

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 10:42:03 GMT 2010

OK,
here is the script adapted to convert the projecting as well,
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekosova/%2Bjunk/openstreetmapkosova/annotate/head%3A/shp2osm3.pl

it spits the data up into even chunks of ways.
you can hack it to add custom tags as well.
I added some defaults, without much thought.

There is a page here on how to import, but I am doing this differently.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover/Corine_Data_Import

I took the airports as an example.

Call it like this :
perl  shp2osm3.pl  clc06_c124.shp AIRPORTS PROJ

Data files go into outAIRPORTS/AIRPORTS_ways_200.osm for example.

You can then open up the data files in josm, and then check them manually.
I would suggest making a wiki page and posting the osm files to
archive.org, I am doing that right now for the airports, will let you
know when that is done.