[OpenStreetMap Serbia] data upload in Vojvodina

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:10:38 GMT 2010

I have prepared the airports from Corine landcover for comparison against osm.

data is here :
http://www.archive.org/details/CorineLandCover2006seamlessvectordataversion13_022010_airports_osm&reCache=1

Wikitable is here,
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover/Corine_Data_Import/Airports/

I am ccing imports on this they might have something to say,
mike

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK,
> here is the script adapted to convert the projecting as well,
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekosova/%2Bjunk/openstreetmapkosova/annotate/head%3A/shp2osm3.pl
>

> it spits the data up into even chunks of ways.
> you can hack it to add custom tags as well.
> I added some defaults, without much thought.
>
> There is a page here on how to import, but I am doing this differently.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover/Corine_Data_Import
>
> I took the airports as an example.
>
> Call it like this :
> perl  shp2osm3.pl  clc06_c124.shp AIRPORTS PROJ
>
> Data files go into outAIRPORTS/AIRPORTS_ways_200.osm for example.
>
> You can then open up the data files in josm, and then check them manually.
> I would suggest making a wiki page and posting the osm files to
> archive.org, I am doing that right now for the airports, will let you
> know when that is done.
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Mike  Dupont
> <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Thomas <toba0211 at yahoo.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> the guys in Romania made an upload recently. They damaged one of "my
>>> forests" so I noticed it.
>>> Romania looks now nice
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.47&lon=23.96&zoom=8&layers=M
>>>
>>> If you add hillshading it is much better
>>> http://suncobalt.homeip.net/map_test.html?zoom=9&lat=45.33487&lon=23.18935&layers=B000000000TT
>>>
>>> You can download the data here, although I have not checked if it contains
>>> data for Kosovo. But I think so
>>> http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/clc-2006-vector-data-version
>>
>> I will look.
>>

>>> We (Janos - OSM steinjan and myself) will probably do some of your
>>> suggestions if we upload data for the whole Serbia. However, splitting the
>>> Vojvodina data into chunks would be more work than reviewing myself.
>>
>> Just use perl, my scripts are posted somewhere.
>>
>>> We have some experience with larger uploads. My largest changeset was 14,000
>>> nodes with buildings in Subotica. Anyway, we will exclude Kosovo and leave
>>> it with you. Please contact me if you need help. I suggest we agree on a
>>> clipping polygon. If we use different polygons, we wether have overlapping
>>> data (which will be huge mess to adjust manually) or an aisle along the
>>> border. It will produce some dup nodes but these can be fixed with JOSM very
>>> fast
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Thomas

>>> 2. let everyone help review and compare and import