[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Naming issues in kosovo

Dragutin Cvetkovic drazha at maildrome.com
Wed Dec 14 11:31:13 GMT 2011

Hello Arianit,

I do not see anyone bringing extreme nationalism to the discussion, as
a matter of fact the proposal was exactly that: on-the-ground
situation. As our colleague said, we're not politicians and thats not
our concern. However, the solution needs to be within some legal
framework so that the work that we do is defendable against the wide
audience and further scrutiny.

Name:sr and Name:sq tags should be used in all cases, and the Name
should be set to either one of these based on the ground situation and
ethnic majority on the ground.

As far as I understand this is what has been agreed and understood to
be a good, proper, stable solution?

We can setup a committee if it is really necessary that will monitor
the changes to the toponyms and judge whether it is indeed according
to the situation on the ground or not.

BR//Dragutin